Friday, May 14, 2010

She Came To Me

You may remember that I knit Helena a few months ago. OK, OK, it was actually several months ago. Many several.

I knit it, I wove in the ends, I washed it and I posed it on Paddington bear.

Helena-06

I even wrapped it and wrote a card.

And there it sat on my desk, waiting (and waiting and waiting) for me to take it to the baby it had been made for.

Well, yesterday the baby in question got tired of waiting, and she came to me. She even brought her mom with her!

Helena-07

Helena-08

Plenty of room for her to grow into it!

Helena-09

Do you think she likes it?

Helena-10

13 comments:

Mereknits said...

Beautiful baby sweater. I think she will love it, especially when she can get out of her car seat!
Have a good weekend,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

hehe, great look on her face. im still chuckling. im sure she will love it. one day!

janel said...

I think she loves it, she's just sad that it's a tad too big for her to wear to the party right now!

~RaenWa~ said...

I am sure she loves it & was making that face because she was sad you waited to long to get it to her lol. Its a very pretty sweater.

Gidgetknits said...

Brilliant expression on her little face! How do babies manage to look so troubled? But great sweater.

Alwen said...

What a great expression!

We have several of those "reality bites!" looks captured of our son as a baby.

Bells said...

oh the precious little thing - both baby and cardi! Do we get posed shots when she grows into it? I hope she gets as much wear as Alice is getting. She wears it several times a week and is just growing into it beautifully! Such a great pattern!

Thea said...

Cute sweater. She's probably just camera shy :) I like the bear too, I couldn't tell it was knitted at first.

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's priceless. So cute and so funny (and an aside to the mom, just save that picture for when she's a teen and wants to go shopping...)

knitseashore said...

I'm sure she will love it once she's big enough to model and wear it!

The shawls in your previous posts are stunning!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful—and that color! Perfect for a spring baby (who obviously carries the weight of the world on her shoulders).

essjay said...

Such a treat to get to see the baby with your sweater! She'll love it - even if her face doesn't show it :)

stringsofpurls said...

A beautiful sweater. A lucky little girl!