Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More About Me

I’ve been tagged again, this time by Kyle.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Wow, 1998… I was finishing up an Associates Degree in History, getting ready to go to University, and working in a computer lab. I had no idea that I’d end up with a career in IT, that I’d become a System Administrator, or that I’d learn to knit. Or that I'd be blogging, however sporadically.

Five snacks I enjoy:
Chips and Salsa (medium)
Chocolate
Häagen-Daz Lemon Sorbet
Popcorn and Apple
Yogurt Covered Pretzels

Five things on my to-do list today:
Rip back the over-long foot of a sock.
Clean out the fridge.
Go to a farewell dinner for some co-workers who will be sorely missed.
Visit my mom at her volunteer job.
Relax.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Quit my job. I love it, but c’mon.
Pay off my debts.
Buy my brother a house.
Set up a foundation for homeless children with developmental delays.
Join 50-100 yarn clubs.

Five jobs I have had:
Wendy’s
House cleaner
Assistant Manager at a movie theatre (great job)
IT Phone Support
System Administrator

Five of my bad habits:
I’m very opinionated, and if I don’t watch myself I tend to bash people over the head with it.
I procrastinate.
I’m sarcastic
I’m an instigator. I’ll poke at people just to get them riled up.
I get too set in my ways, and the next thing I know I’m in a rut.

Five places I have lived:
Eugene, Oregon for most of my life.
Idaho, when I was a wee lass (sorry, I don’t know what town)
Boston, Massachusetts
Oakland, California
Emeryville, California

Five people I want to get to know better:
Oooh, I’m so bad at tagging…
Tell you what, if you want to tell me more about yourself, leave me a comment so I can go look.

Five random things:
I talk to myself (drives my husband nuts).
I have khaki green eyes.
I collect cobalt blue glass.
I’m a news junkie.
I love watching Formula 1 racing.

Wow Kyle, thanks for tagging me, that was fun!

Contrary to what this blog has been looking like recently, I haven’t actually given up knitting. I have all kinds of excuses for why I have no WIP pictures for you, first and foremost that the weather here in the Northwest has been leaning heavily towards rain, and getting decent pictures has been nigh unto impossible.

That’s my story, and you’ll never budge me from it.

I’ve got two pairs of socks on the go, Sidewinders and Monkey. The Sidewinders are one row away from the loooooong (117 stitches) graft, and the Monkeys have just recently escaped frogging.

I thought I was knitting the Monkey’s for myself, until I tried them on and realized that I was obviously knitting them for someone with bigger feet. The feet have been found, so the Monkey’s will live.

Pictures… I must take more pictures!

P.S. My husband noticed my haircut last night.

1 comment:

essjay said...

I need to start a pair of Sidewinders...then I'll come over (with chips and salsa in tow) and we'll graft together!