Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wonderful Moments

There has been a small baby boom in my office. One baby born in the Fall, another in Winter, and yet another due in just a couple of weeks.

What to knit, what to knit?

For the first of the babies, I must admit I went just the tiniest bit overboard.

A stack of washcloths, must've been five or six of them, which I somehow did not get pictures of. What's wrong with me?

And then not one but two of the Baby Kimonos from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

One in garter stitch, in a lovely red:
Photobucket

And another in stockinette in a very nice blue:

Photobucket

Both shown here being modeled by my ever-faithful Paddington Bear, a long-ago hand-made gift from my grandmother. With special thanks to my mother for sewing on the ribbon ties. They really are cute, and a quick knit as well.

This baby also got a belated pair of Tulip Toes:
Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago I got this e-mail:
Subject: booties

Oh man,

Those booties you knit are so awesome. They don't fall off, they're really warm, and CUUUUTE! Wow, are they cute. C. wears them all the time.

Thank you again for making those.

S.
Made my eyes puddle up right there at my desk.

But wait, it gets better! S. came back to work last week, and she brought wee baby C. up to see me. He’s adorable; bright eyes and fat cheeks, a fascination for people who wear glasses and a big smile.

And guess what? He was wearing the blue kimono and the booties. What a thrill it was to see him wearing things I’d made for him!

Almost makes me feel guilty for how long it took me to get the booties done… but not quite.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think one of the reasons we knit for others is that kind of reaction. I'm happy for you having such great gift-receivers around you!!!

:kram:

essjay said...

I agree with Anna - the response is the best. I know it isn't expected but I love it when I get such positive response. You are so generous and the items you knit are so beautiful, I'm glad they are so appreicated!

Anonymous said...

I usually don't even keep anything I knit myself...thank goodness for grandkids and riend's kids! If I actually thought I had to knit for me, I probably stop entirely! Be well--be good..be KNITTING.
Trudy