Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Debt Free!

I did something amazing tonight. I went online and made the last payment on my student loans.

I've been paying in big chunks so I could get it over and done with, and tonight I realized that I could finish the whole thing off. So I did it. Clicked "submit," and all done.

I feel like this enormous weight has just lifted off of me. There were certainly months when I wished I hadn't set my payments so high, when I scrounged in my change jars for milk money and counted the days until payday. I paid other bills late because I didn't want to get behind on the loan.

And now it's done.

I'm having a celebratory glass of The Macallan Scotch and feeling rather contemplative. I'd like to say Thank You to my friends and family for all the help and support I got while I paid this monster off.

Have a glass on me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good on you for paying those student loans! I don't think I'll ever get rid of mine... Unless I win an awful lot of money that is... :)

Hope you enjoyed your Macallan! :kram:

essjay said...

Congratulations!!!! It is a huge weight lifted off isn't? I hope you enjoy the new found money and I can't wait to hear what you are going to save up for next!

Emily said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, and I raise a glass of virtual Macallan to you!

Jen said...

WOOT!! Congrats!

moirae said...

Awesome. I'm hoping I can pay mine off this summer - AmeriCorps will be paying about 2/3 of what's remaining and then hopefully I'll get a real job.