Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Behind On Blogging

So many things to do and not nearly the proper time to do them! Story of my life, and I'm sure it's the story of your lives as well!

I had a birthday just over a week ago. Another trip around the sun, I can hardly believe it's gone so quickly!

My sweeetie took me down to a little tiny yarn store in Creswell called Mountain Shadow Ranch on the actual day of my birth. He took a book and settled himself in next to the wood pellet stove... I spent money.

Louet Euroflax Sport in Eggplant

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not sure what this is going to be, but how could I resist this color?

Three balls of Frog Tree Cotton/Silk

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Again with the purple. Seeing a trend here? I'm thinking that this will be a wrap from one of my Interweave Knits magazines, the name of which escapes me at the moment. It's so very soft!

A ball of Southwest Trading Company Bamboo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuck-in scarf? Ascot of some kind? I just don't know!

And a ball of TOFUtsies in the October colorway

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Socks, what else?

On the Monday after the birthday, I took my mother and best friend with me to Sisters, OR to visit The Stitchin Post. It's a combination of quilting and yarn/knitting/crochet. Since Mom's a quilter and my best friend's a crocheter, there was something there for each of us.

On the way there we stopped at Sahalie Falls. This is one of the more spectacular things that the MacKenzie River does on its way through the Cascade Range, and a Must See on any trip through the mountains.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The rainbows are fantastic, you can see at least one wherever you're standing.

Here's a look at the waterfall through a young tree.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally here's an old snag. You can see that there's snow on the ground.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's what I got at the store:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

13 balls of 1824 Wool in the loveliest shade of teal. This is destined to be the Notre Dame de Grace Pullover from the Fall Interweave Knits.

Not pictured here are the tabletop swift from my mother and the ball winder from my husband. Be still my heart!

All in all a very nice birthday indeed. Plenty of time with family and friends, and also plenty of time to look back and reflect on the past year. It's really been a doozy, what with a bit of job stress at the end of the summer and coping with the dissolution of an on-line community I'd grown to cherish. Fortunately we've found other places to be together, and so the internet friendships continue.

To all of my friends who've been with me through the good times and the tough times, all I can say is thank you for sharing the journey with me.

Merci, merci mille fois

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anree, I forgot to congratulate you on your birthday, didn't I? Shame on me...

Grattis pÄ födelsedagen i efterskott!

Looks like you had a great birthday celebration! I'm glad you got a swift and a ball winder. Guess what I got for my birthday? A swift! And some money that I spent on a ball winder! :)

:kram:

essjay said...

We all do that story of being to busy, don't we? :hug:

What fabulous birthday buys! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and enjoyed your road trips & yarn crawls! Happy Birthday, again! (Your birthday will be extended for quite some time, your gift is back ordered ;) )